Bacon, Egg & Cheese Poutine
This simple to make, delicious to eat breakfast poutine is an incredible way to start your day. Try it this weekend or at your next brunch party.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil Extra Virgin, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 oz uncooked Canadian bacon diced (1/2 package, 5 slices, 1/2 cup)
- 4 oz fat-free shredded Cheddar cheese or small diced
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups uncooked potatoes chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, granulated garlic, and cumin. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- While potatoes cook, heat remaining ½ tsp olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Sauté onion and back bacon for 8 minutes or until soft. When done, toss potatoes in with onion mixture and keep warm on stove.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook 4 eggs sunny side up. Divide potato mixture across 4 plates, top each with 1 oz cheese and an egg and serve.