Back Bacon, Egg & Blue Cheese Arugula Salad
Combines a poached egg with a tart vinaigrette as a dressing for this substantial salad. Try it as an impressive dish for your next brunch to really wow your guests.
- 6 oz back bacon cut into thin strips (~ 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 2 TB minced shallot
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB water
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 12 cups arugula
- 6 large eggs poached and reserved in warm water
- 2 TB crumbled blue cheese
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add back bacon strips in a single layer and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until strips are browned and crispy. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate and season with a pinch of kosher salt. Reserve.
- Whisk together shallot, olive oil, water, vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt. Arrange 2 cups arugula on each plate. Drizzle with 1 ½ tsp vinaigrette. Top each salad with an egg and garnish with 1 tsp blue cheese and crispy back bacon.
Eggs can be poached ahead of time and gently reheated in warm water when you’re ready to serve the salads.
Calories: 1042kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 78g | Fat: 70g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 1077mg | Sodium: 3396mg | Potassium: 1937mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 144.5% | Vitamin C: 45.6% | Calcium: 61.9% | Iron: 52.9%