Avocado & Tofu Gazpacho
Make this refreshing, chunky gazpacho in a snap using a food processor to chop the vegetables. Tofu goes great with the spicy flavors and ups the protein content, too.
- 2 pieces red peppers cored, seeded, cut into large(~3 cups)
- 4 pieces plum tomatoes cored, cut into large(~ 3 cups)
- 1 pieces English cucumber split lengthwise, seeded, cut into large(~2 cups)
- 1 pieces medium red onion cut into large(~ ¾ cup)
- 32 oz tomato juice
- 3 tbs sherry vinegar
- 3 tbs fresh dill minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups extra firm tofu diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado diced (~1 cup)
- Working in batches by vegetable, pulse peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Combine in a large bowl with tomato juice, vinegar, dill, and garlic.
- Fold in tofu and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill well. When ready to serve, garnish each bowl with avocado.