Autumn Salad w Radicchio, Apple, Pecans & Blue Cheese
This hearty salad uses the perfect balance of flavor and texture and features juicy, crunchy apples tossed in a cider infused vinaigrette. Toss in some grilled chicken to make it a main dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 cups mixed greens or baby arugula
- 6 cups thinly sliced radicchio
- 3 Honeycrisp apples thinly sliced into matchsticks
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1 TB apple cider
- 1 TB cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 TB chopped shallots
- Toss together greens, radicchio, apples, and celery.
To make vinaigrette:
- Whisk together syrup, cider, cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and continue whisking to blend. Add shallots.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with vinaigrette and serve garnished with pecans and blue cheese.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 529mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 12.2% | Vitamin C: 21% | Calcium: 7.1% | Iron: 4.5%