Asparagus & Leek Creamless Creamy Bisque
This decadently thick, sneakily healthy bisque gets its rich, deep flavor from roasted asparagus and leeks. The perfect cold weather treat.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 lb asparagus
- 4 large leeks
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TB minced fresh mint for garnish
- Trim asparagus and cut into 2” segments. Cut leeks lengthwise, rinse well, and cut white and light green parts into 2” chunks. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or coat with cooking spray. Toss asparagus and leeks with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly across baking sheets and roast for 40 minutes, stirring once half-way through.
- Working in batches, combine roasted veggies with chicken broth in a blender and purée. Add in lemon juice and garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to a large pot to heat through. Serve hot topped with fresh mint
If mint isn’t your thing, fresh tarragon or chives would be great substitutes.