Asian Edamame Chopped Salad
Loads of fresh veggies with edamame for protein come together in this delicious, bright salad. It's a great main course salad for vegetarians, or top it with simple grilled shrimp for a more substantial meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 oz cups shredded red cabbage 12bag
- 2 oz cups shredded or julienne carrots 12bag
- 2 oz cups shelled edamame cooked & cooled (12bag)
- 1 large yellow pepper seeded and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 serrano peppers seeded and minced
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts rinsed, drained, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions 3 medium scallions
- 3 tbs minced fresh mint
- 2 1/2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbs + 1tsp honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Combine cabbage, carrots, edamame, peppers, water chestnuts, scallions, and mint in a large bowl. Whisk together lime juice, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and salt and toss to coat. Garnish salad with sesame seeds.
This salad can be made ahead but will wilt slightly. To keep the veggies crisp, dress just before serving. If you’re not a fan of spice, you can use one serrano pepper or leave them out entirely. Look for pre-shredded cabbage and carrots in your produce section to speed prep time.