Arctic Char Niçoise Salad
A tasty take on traditional tuna niçoise uses arctic char as a savory, satisfying replacement. Bottled Italian dressing gets a little "doctoring" and the potatoes and haricot vert are cooked together to make quick workof this delicious meal. Definitely a good dish for special occasions.
- ½ cup bottled light Italian vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 TB minced parsley
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp anchovy paste optional
- 4 plum tomatoes sliced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 TB capers
- 8 baby potatoes washed and halved
- 4 oz haricot vert trimmed
- 1 lb arctic char skinless, cut into 4 4 oz filets
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 hardboiled eggs. sliced
- 12 nicoise olives
- 4 tsp chives minced
- Whisk together the vinaigrette, garlic, parsley, mustard, and anchovy paste. Set aside. Combine tomatoes, onion, and capers in a small bowl. Toss with 2 TB vinaigrette and reserve. Cover potatoes by 1-2” of cold water in a medium sauce pan fitted with a steamer basket. Place haricot vert in basket. Bring to a boil and cook/steam for approximately 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender and haricot vert lightly steamed. Rinse haricot vert under cold water, drain, and toss into tomato mixture. Drain potatoes and toss with 2 TB vinaigrette while still warm, set aside.
- Season arctic char filets with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Lightly coat a nonstick sauté or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Sear filets for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until done. Set aside.
- Toss lettuce with remaining vinaigrette and divide across 4 dinner plates. Divide tomato salad and dressed potatoes evenly across plates and place in small composed piles. Add 1 sliced egg, 1 char filet, and 3 olives, to each plate. Garnish each plate with 1 tsp chives and serve.
The vinaigrette, tomato/onion salad, potatoes, and beans can all be prepared earlier the day you’re serving this dish to make it quicker to bring to the table.
Calories: 2212kcal | Carbohydrates: 145g | Protein: 138g | Fat: 123g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 998mg | Sodium: 1900mg | Potassium: 6798mg | Fiber: 29g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 756.4% | Vitamin C: 235.7% | Calcium: 45.3% | Iron: 95.4%