Everyone will rave over these adorable mini apple pies, and you don’t have to tell them how easy they were to make! Pre-made pie crust is tucked into your trusty muffin tin, filled with a classic apple pie mixture, and baked to sweet perfection. Perfect for a party or after-school treats!
Apple-Cinnamon Hand Pies
- 3 1/2 cups Granny Smith apple peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 TB apple cider
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Place apple, sugar, apple cider, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring often for 5-8 minutes or until apples are beginning to soften.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tsp water and stir into apple mixture.
- Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray and preheat oven to 425. Cut 8, 4” circles of pie dough using a cookie cutter or glass, rerolling scraps as needed.
- Press crust rounds into muffin cups and fill with apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Let cool before removing and serving.