Apple-Cherry Crisps w Cardamom
Cardamom is the secret to elevating this version of everyone’s favorite apple crisp – they won't know why it's different, they'll just know it’s fantastic! A combination of apples tossed with dried cherries, orange, and cardamom give this staple an exotically delicious edge. Note: You can easily double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup dried cherries chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 small Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
- 1 small Macintosh apple peeled and diced
- 2 TB dark brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp dried cardamom
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 4 tsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cherries and orange juice in a small glass bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through and cherries soften.
- Toss together orange/cherry mixture with remaining filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Fill 4, 4 oz ramekins evenly with filling.
- To make topping:
- Combine flour, oats, and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle with melted butter and toss with a fork to combine.
- Evenly divide topping across filling, patting down to set.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until apples are soft and topping is beginning to brown.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg