Ancho Chili Salmon with Mango-Peach Salsa
Grilled salmon pairs beautifully with a delicious mango-peach salsa and is fantastic for a light weeknight supper. You can also serve it over greens as a delicious, hearty salad.
- ¾ cup diced ripe peach
- ¾ cup diced ripe mango
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 TB minced cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno seeded, minced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
Spice Rubbed Salmon
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon cut into 4 filets
- Cooking spray
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Store chilled until ready to serve (salsa may be made up to 3 days prior to serving).
- Combine ancho chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt in a small bowl. Rub over both sides of salmon. Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Grill salmon for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked to desired done-ness.
Calories: 816kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 92g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 249mg | Sodium: 1982mg | Potassium: 2724mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 53.9% | Vitamin C: 87.6% | Calcium: 8.7% | Iron: 33.2%