Ancho Chicken and Black Bean Soup
The perfect, hearty soup for a chilly fall day, this chicken, ancho and black bean combo is a huge hit with the whole crowd. Quick and easy to make, it's awesome any night of the week.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 poblano peppers chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 diced red pepper
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 15 oz can diced tomato
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn defrosted
- 1 TB lime juice
- 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, poblano, and 1 tsp salt. Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is soft.
- Add garlic, red pepper, chili powders, and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and canned diced tomato. Increase heat to high to bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Add beans and corn to soup and cook to heat through.
- Shred chicken with two forks and add back to soup. Stir in lime juice and remaining salt. Serve topped with yogurt, cilantro, and scallions.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 1452mg | Potassium: 884mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 26.8% | Vitamin C: 70.7% | Calcium: 10.2% | Iron: 18%