10-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
My 10-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup is a fantastic way to spice up leftover chicken or turkey; or pick up a rotisserie chicken for an easy dinner anytime. Also perfect for meal prep! Set up a fun nacho-style toppings bar to let everyone customize their own bowl. It’s a great way to get kids to try new things too!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder or regular
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot set over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and ancho chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, black beans, chicken and lime juice. Increase heat to high, cover, and cook an additional 2 minutes to heat through. Stir in cilantro and serve topped with optional garnishes.
Optional Toppings: Shredded Cheddar, Sour Cream, Crushed Tortilla Chips, Salsa, Hot Sauce, Diced Avocado Hit the prepared produce section for pre-cut onion & peeled garlic to slash prep time Use a Microplane to mince your garlic in a flash Ancho chili powder has a light heat & slightly fruity flavor – it’s a great spice to add to your pantry! To make this dish less spicy swap plain diced tomatoes instead of fire roasted Finishing this soup w lime juice is the key to it’s bright flavor –try lemon juice in your next batch of traditional chicken soup for a similar effect
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1752mg | Potassium: 721mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 13.8% | Vitamin C: 28.3% | Calcium: 10.5% | Iron: 20%
If you like this recipe you may find this recipe tasty as well… Chipotle-Peanut BBQ Chicken Strips.