3-Layer Chocolate Petit Fours with Raspberry
These precious party-worthy cakes join dark chocolate and raspberry in a lovely black and white design, while pudding sneakily keeps things moist.
Servings: 32 servings
- 1 box white cake mix disregard box instructions
- 1 packet sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water divided
- 2 tbs +1 tsp vegetable oil divided
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry fruit spread
- 1 cup sugar-free double chocolate puddingor ½ cup
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 fresh raspberries
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees and spray two 13 x 9 cake pans with baking spray.
- Mix cake mix, pudding powder, 1 cup of water, eggs and 2 tbsp of vegetable oil together until smooth. Place 1 1/2 cups of batter into prepared cake pan and smooth over entire bottom. In another bowl combine remaining batter with cocoa powder and an additional 1/4 cup of water.
- Blend until smooth and pour into 2nd cake pan. Smooth across bottom of pan. Bake both pans for 10 minutes or until cake is done. Allow cakes to cool in pan about 10 minutes.
- Using a ruler and serrated knife, slice each cake lengthwise into 3 long narrow rectangles (cut at 2.5“ and 5”). You’ll have 3 long rectangles each of vanilla and chocolate layers. Remove from pan and set on a clean work surface.
- Create two layered cakes. One “vanilla-chocolate-vanilla” and the second “chocolate-vanilla-chocolate”. Whisk raspberry spread until smooth. Working one cake at a time spread 2 tbsp raspberry and then 2 tbsp pudding across the top of the 2 lower cake layers (leave 3rd layer/cake top plain).
- Repeat with 2nd cake.
- Slice each long layered cake in half widthwise. Then cut each smaller rectangle into 8 even sized petit fours –yielding 16 “vanilla-chocolate-vanilla” and 16 “chocolate-vanilla-chocolate” petit fours.
- In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1 tsp vegetable oil for 1 minute, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Use a teaspoon and rapid hand motion to evenly drizzle chocolate over the top of all cakes.
- Top immediately with a fresh raspberry to “set”. Keep chilled until ready to serve.