2-Egg Omelet w Tomato & Mozzarella
Invoke the flavors of Italy with this savory omelet stuffed with tomatoes and mozzarella. Part-skim is the secret to dropping the calories a bit in this delicious breakfast dish.
Servings: 1 omelet
- Cooking spray
- 2 eggs whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 TB shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 2 TB chopped fresh basil
- Coat a small omelet pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add egg and swirl until bottom is set and top is nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add grape tomatoes, mozzarella, shallot, and half of basil.
- Fold omelet over and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 346mg | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 34.5% | Vitamin C: 17.7% | Calcium: 28.1% | Iron: 10.1%