2-Egg Omelet w Chicken Sausage & Veggies
Chicken Sausage and Veggies make for a hearty, healthy breakfast in this quick, easy 2-egg omelet.
Servings: 1 omelet
- Cooking spray
- ¼ link of fully cooked Italian Chicken Sausage chopped
- ¾ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peppers
- 2 eggs whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 TB grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Coat a small omelet pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken sausage, mushroom, and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Remove from pan into a bowl and combine with roasted pepper.
- Wipe pan clean and coat with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat, add egg and swirl until bottom is set and top is nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken sausage mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Fold omelet over and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 347mg | Sodium: 898mg | Potassium: 746mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14.6% | Vitamin C: 23.3% | Calcium: 11.7% | Iron: 14%