These tasty lemon yogurt cakes are to die for! Light and delicious on their own, they get an amazing upgrade from an easy-to-make strawberry sauce that puts them over the top!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries (approximately 1 pint)
- 2 TB all fruit strawberry jam
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Yogurt Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TB baking powder
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lemon flavored yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ½ cup chopped strawberries with remaining sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk constantly and cook to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Stir in remaining ½ cup strawberries and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl lightly whisk eggs, whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add yogurt-egg mixture. Gently fold to combine.
Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each cup 2/3 full with batter. Bake for ~ 12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve each cake with 1 heaping TB of strawberry sauce.
Strawberry Sauce serving options:
- Use a paring knife to cut a small circle from the top of each cake. Place strawberry sauce in a sturdy Ziploc baggie, cut off the tip, and pipe sauce into cake center
- Slice each cake horizontally, spoon sauce into center, replace top.