The sweet and earthy flavors of this delicious salad pair perfectly with roasted pork tenderloin or chicken. To keep it pretty enough for a dinner party, toss diced pear with some lemon juice to avoid browning.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 16 small wedges butternut squash (~ ½” x 3 inch size pieces, cut from narrow/seed end of squash)
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp minced fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups packed baby arugula
- ½ cup diced pear
- 1 TB chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 TB minced shallot (1 medium shallot)
- 1 tsp all-fruit apricot preserves
- 1 1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ tsp minced rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 425. Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment. Toss squash with olive oil rosemary, and salt and spread in a single layer on sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes (flip over squash wedges halfway through), until squash is tender and lightly browned.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Just before serving, place arugula and roasted squash wedges on top of vinaigrette. Toss with your hands or salad tongs until thoroughly combined. Evenly pile arugula/squash wedges onto four salad plates. Top with diced pear and walnuts.
You could easily substitute wedges of roasted acorn squash or sweet potato for the butternut squash.