This easy dish transforms leftover brown rice into a special side that'll have you tossing out your takeout menus.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 ½ cups cooked, cold brown rice (3/4 cup brown rice cooked according to package instructions)
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 large scallions sliced lengthwise into 1” segments
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 TB minced ginger
- 4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
Heat cooking spray over medium heat in a large non-stick sauté pan. Add egg and swirl to coat pan. Cook egg through, remove to a plate, and break up into small pieces with a fork. Add more cooking spray to the pan and sauté scallions, pepper, peas and carrots, garlic, and ginger for 5 minutes. Add rice and heat through. Stir in cooked egg, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar and serve.
This dish works best with completely cooled rice. If you don’t have any leftover spread cooked brown rice on a sheet pan to cool while you prep the veggies. Craving pork fried rice? Just add some diced Canadian Bacon to the pan with the veggies. Delicious!