Highlight the delicious flavors of spring greens with a bright, tangy Greek-inspired vinaigrette. Top it with grilled shrimp skewers for a light spring meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: N / A
Yield: 8 Servings
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, minced (~1/4 cup)
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 oz bunch watercress, leaves torn, washed and spun dry (~ 3 cups)
- 12 oz bunch beet greens, leaves torn, washed, spun dry (~ 5 cups)
- 8 oz bunch dandelion greens, leaves torn, washed, spun dry (~ 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled light feta cheese
Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine greens in a large serving bowl and toss well with vinaigrette. Garnish with feta and serve.
Feel free to substitute an equal amount of any spring greens you find at the Farmer’s Market. Dandelion greens tend to be a bit bitter so if that’s not your thing swap them out with baby spinach.