Classic warm spinach salad goes totally vegetarian with sun dried tomatoes and soy bacon bits. Basil, mushroom, red onion and blue cheese make it a delicious treat for a light lunch or brunch!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 5 oz package baby spinach
- 2 cups thin sliced radicchio
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thin sliced red onion
- 8 oz package sliced cremini mushrooms (~3 cups)
- 8 sun dried tomatoes (dried, not in oil) coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2TB chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 TB crumbled, reduced fat blue cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled soy bacon bits
Combine spinach and radicchio in a large salad bowl. Set aside. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and mushroom and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt. Cook, stirring frequently until mushroom begins to brown and onion is softened approximately 7 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sun dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, additional ½ tsp salt, pepper, and basil. Immediately toss hot onion mixture into spinach/radicchio to lightly wilt. Garnish salad with egg slices, blue cheese, and pita chips.