A French take on egg salad, these elegant little sandwiches are a super tasty treat. Try cutting the crusts off and quartering them to serve at brunch or a bridal shower.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 TB light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped (white & light green section only)
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 cup watercress
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, tarragon, mustard, salt, turmeric, and a pinch of pepper. Slice 4 eggs in half and remove yolks (reserve for another use or discard). In a medium bowl, mash 4 hardboiled egg whites and 2 whole hard boiled eggs. Add celery and scallions. Fold in mayonnaise dressing. Layer ¼ cup watercress, 2 tomato slices, and 1/3 cup egg salad on each sandwich.