These super satisfying pita pockets are stuffed with gooey melted cheddar and tofu for a boost of protein. They're a hearty, sneakily healthy breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 small whole wheat pitas, cut across top to open
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped (white & light green section only)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded & diced
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, diced
Preheat oven to 350. Combine mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Fold in tomato, cheese, and tofu and scoop mixture into pitas. Bake pita pockets on a foil lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway, or until cheese melts and pitas are toasted.