This Mediterranean-inspired savory dish is perfect to make when you think your fridge is bare. Pull it together with pantry or fridge-door staples, and double the recipe to pack for lunch tomorrow!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Servings
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup whole wheat couscous
- ½ cup bottled roasted peppers, drained and rinsed
- 4 pieces bottled marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 TB minced shallot (1 medium)
- 2 TB light feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp fresh mint, minced (optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach
Whisk together water, Dijon mustard, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stir in couscous, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Coarsely chop roasted peppers and artichoke hearts. Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, chickpeas, shallot, feta, and mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature over baby spinach.
Just about any fresh herbs you have on hand would be fine substitutes for the mint. Try parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, or cilantro.