Pull this chunky sauté together quickly for a substantial meal that's chock full of hearty veggies. It’s great on its own and is also amazing tossed with cooked pasta or served with a wheat roll.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 Servings
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 ½ cups chopped cremini mushroom
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (florets only)
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 TB dry red wine
- ¼ cup bottled tomato sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp fine grated pecorino cheese
Heat oil over medium high heat in a non-stick sauté pan. Add onion, mushroom, and broccoli and cook for 5-10 minutes, until onion is softened. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and sausage and cook for additional minute. Add wine to pan and let reduce for 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and baby spinach. Cook to heat through and wilt spinach. Top with pecorino cheese and serve.
You can substitute frozen broccoli for fresh, just add it with the sausage so it doesn’t get too mushy.