These chicken burgers are so tasty, you'll never miss the steak! Topped with blue cheese, onions and mushrooms, they're a filling, savory, delicious meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 TB light mayonnaise
- 1 TB crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 TB bottled steak sauce (such as A1)
- 2 chicken burgers (I use Foster Farms)
- 2 hamburger buns, toasted (or onion roll)
- 2 thick slices beefsteak tomato
- 2 pieces romaine lettuce
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Spray a non-stick sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion and mushroom and cook for 10-15 minutes until well softened and beginning to brown. Stir in steak sauce and keep warm.
Spray an outdoor grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Season burgers with salt and pepper and grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Place lettuce and tomato on bun, top with a cooked burger. Spread each burger with 1 TB blue cheese topping and top with half of onion-mushroom mixture.