Roasted grape tomatoes are delicious with cannelini beans in this quick sauce. It's a perfect recipe for busy weeknight dinners.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 3 cups red pepper, seeded and diced (~3 medium peppers)
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400. Toss tomatoes and peppers with olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread on a non-stick cookie sheet (or spray with cooking spray). Roast in lower 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes, stir, and roast an additional 10 minutes or until tomatoes and peppers are wilted. Use a fork to lightly mash roasted garlic cloves. Transfer to a bowl and mix in beans, basil, rosemary, and balsamic. Season with an additional ¼ tsp salt. Serve warm or room temperature.