This is a great, hearty stew that you can make super fast using your pantry staples. Serve it over brown rice or whole wheat pasta for a delicious, cozy meal. You can also freeze it for an easy dinner any time.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (~1 ½ cups)
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 TB garlic, minced
- 1 TB fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes in own juice, undrained
- 3 15 oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz jar roasted peppers in water, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 TB lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and ½ tsp salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add rosemary, tomatoes, cannellini beans, and peppers to pan and mash beans slightly with a potato masher.
Working in batches, use tongs to toss in spinach. Sprinkle with lemon juice and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until spinach is thoroughly wilted, stirring half-way through. Stir in basil and remaining ½ tsp salt and serve.