Make great use of Thanksgiving leftovers with these amazing hot turkey sandwiches. Make the topping ahead of time to speed prep even more!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb shredded roast turkey or julienned deli turkey
- 1 cup bottled fat free turkey gravy
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen baby peas, defrosted
- 8 slices light whole wheat bread
- 1 TB flat leaf parsley, minced
Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook onions for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and only slightly soft. Fold in turkey, gravy, rosemary, pepper, and peas and cook until heated through, approximately 2 more minutes. Toast bread and pile turkey mixture on top of each. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.