Thyme butter is the secret to this savory, scrumptious side of roasted acorn squash.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 acorn squash (about 1 ½ pounds each), quartered and seeded
- 2 TB unsalted butter, melted, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, preferably kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB chopped fresh thyme leaves
Heat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with
nonstick spray. Place squash skin-side down on prepared pan. Brush with about ½ of the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes or until squash is almost tender. Remove from oven; brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with thyme. Roast 15 minutes or until tender and light golden in spots.