This super healthy gazpacho is a brightly flavored, fabulous way to make great use of your farmer’s market finds. Makes veggie prep a snap with a food processor. For a perfect presentation, try serving it in tall cocktail glasses.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: n/a
Yield: 8 cups
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 3 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cored
- 32 oz tomato or vegetable juice (such as V-8)
- 1 small red onion, minced
- ¼ cup high quality olive oil
- 2 TB sherry vinegar
- 2 TB minced fresh mint
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 avocado, diced
- Additional minced mint
Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and tomato into chunks. Pulse each (individually) in food processor to a small dice. Combine with remaining gazpacho ingredients and chill thoroughly. When ready to serve spoon gazpacho into serving glasses and top with diced avocado and additional mint.
Gazpacho can be made up to 1 day ahead. Have fun experimenting with alternate toppings such as lump crab meat, feta cheese, or toasted garlic croutons.