Spicy homemade garlic sauce and creamy manchego come together atop fries to create a delicious Spanish variation of traditional poutine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 28 oz bag frozen French fries
- 1 tsp picante pimentón (spicy smoked paprika)
- 12 oz jar roasted peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup salted roasted whole almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp sherry vinegar
- 6 TB coarse grated manchego cheese
Bake French fries according to package instructions until crispy and browned. Toss with pimentón when done. While French fries are cooking, puree roasted peppers, almonds, garlic, salt and vinegar in blender or food processor. Bring to a boil and keep warm in a small saucepan. Serve French fries hot, topped with sauce and manchego cheese.