Loads of fresh veggies with edamame for protein come together in this delicious, bright salad. It's a great main course salad for vegetarians, or top it with simple grilled shrimp for a more substantial meal.
Prep Time: N / A
Cook Time: N / A
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (12 oz bag)
- 2 cups shredded or julienne carrots (12 oz bag)
- 2 cups shelled edamame, cooked & cooled (12 oz bag)
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (3 medium scallions)
- 3 TB minced fresh mint
- 2 ½ TB fresh lime juice
- 1 TB + 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 TB + 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 TB toasted sesame seeds
Combine cabbage, carrots, edamame, peppers, water chestnuts, scallions, and mint in a large bowl. Whisk together lime juice, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and salt and toss to coat. Garnish salad with sesame seeds.
This salad can be made ahead but will wilt slightly. To keep the veggies crisp, dress just before serving. If you’re not a fan of spice, you can use one serrano pepper or leave them out entirely. Look for pre-shredded cabbage and carrots in your produce section to speed prep time.