You never want to show up to an event empty handed and a bottle of wine is always an appropriate host gift, but what about making a fun dish to step up your game a little? Don't worry about not being a gourmet cook. With these ideas for easy to make recipes for a variety of occasions, you’ll look like a total pro.
- Have a friend who needs some TLC? Whether it’s a new baby, a new house or a broken leg that’s got them laid up, a crowd-pleasing dish that can be made in a big enough batch to freeze leftovers is just the thing. Turkey Meatballs in Grandma's Marinara is a simple sauce that packs a ton of flavor.
- Got an invite to a picnic or BBQ? Fun, funky, finger food is the way to go. These Sweet & Spicy Asian Drumsticks cook up quickly in one pan using pantry staples to make the sauce. They’re delicious warm, room temp or even chilled!
- “Just bring a dessert.” Don’t resort to a store bought pie or bag of cookies. Instead, scoot on over to the produce aisle and score some pre-cut fruit to whip up this So Simple Honey-Lime Fruit Salad. The delicious honey dressing gussies this dish up so it’s party perfect.
- A cocktail party with light bites? Wow your friends with some gorgeous Smoked Salmon & Dill Cucumber Canapés. They’re elegant, delicious and they happen to be super easy to make. Win-win!
- Invited to a potluck party? This delicious, simple to throw together Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Feta & Dill is a crowd pleaser, plus it’s a healthy alternative to those cheesy casserole dishes everyone else will be bringing.
- Weekend brunch with your buddies? Give your pals a better brunch option than the usual cheesy omelets and sugary pancakes by baking up this incredible Turkey Sausage Strata with Goat Cheese & Roasted Peppers.
Just a little planning and minimal time in the kitchen, be that super friend, perfect party guest and never again wonder “What on Earth to bring?”
What's your favorite party food?