Looking for a tasty, healthy, easy, no-cook, make-ahead, grab-and-go breakfast or snack option? (Sounds pretty darn perfect no?) Try my Easiest-Ever Overnight Oats! Full of fiber, super-satisfying and the perfect blank slate for any flavor or topping combos you like. Make up a batch in small cups meal-prep-style and you'll have your mornings fueled for the week!
Overnight Oats topped with: Chopped Peaches, Honey & Ginger | Strawberry Jam & Coconut | Fresh Blueberries & Toasted Almonds
The only recipe you need?
½ cup Old Fashioned Oats plus ½ cup your favorite milk & optional sweeteners or spices. Mix together, cover, & refrigerate overnight for perfectly tender oatmeal in the am!
To mix things up try plain or vanilla almond milk, coconut milk, regular lowfat milk, or even chocolate milk!
Stir in optional cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract, almond extract, nutmeg, maple syrup, brown sugar, or honey for flavor & sweetness.
To make it European muesli-style just stir in some plain or flavored yogurt before soaking for a delicious tang and creamy texture.
- Fresh or dried fruit is a classic! Try dried cranberries, raisins, currants, cherries, chopped dates/figs/apricots or any fresh fruit you like!
- This is also the perfect time to use frozen fruit - just stir in to soak with the oats and they’ll be perfectly juicy come morning!
- A dollop of your favorite jam or drizzle of honey makes a sweet & luscious topping.
- Create crunch with a dusting of toasted nuts , coconut, or granola.
- Craving something warm and comforting? While overnight oats are delicious chilled or room temp just heat them briefly in the microwave in the morning to warm.