Making plans to watch the Patriots and Seahawks battle it out at the big game this year? Why not skip the sports bar hassle and have your own tailgate-style Super Bowl party at home?
With a "home gate" you can enjoy all the fun of a parking lot party, without ever leaving your living room. (And since Super Bowl tickets are pretty hard to come by, this is likely the only tailgating action you're gonna get.) Plus, you get full rights to the remote control! No more missing one of the most important parts of the event ... the often memorable (laugh or groan-worthy!) commercials.
For an easy breezy Super Bowl home-gate party, all you need is a television, some friends and a few tasty snacks. Add in a tub of beer on ice or even a mini keg and you're ready to go!
Here are 5 championship worthy recipe ideas to make your Super Bowl Home Gate Party a blowout they won't forget!
- Spicy Serrano-Mango Salsa - This fun twist on traditional salsa makes mangos macho with the addition of spicy Mexican serrano peppers.
- Dogs in a Pretzel - Two stadium favorites collide in a brilliant take on the usual pigs in a blanket. Be sure to have plenty of mustard on hand to top off this tasty treat!
- Spicy Chipotle, Bacon & Cheddar Sliders - The burgers to accompany the dogs (every game day needs both!), these sliders get a satisfying kick from sweet, spicy chipotle sauce.
- Beer-Braised Shredded Pork Tacos - The key to this mouthwateringly tender pork is a slow (hands off!) overnight braise.
- Football Chocolate Cake Pops - Grab the win with these adorably decadent football-shaped cake pops, decorated with your team colors.
Now, if you really want to go all out, we can do that too! Check out my article, Your Championship Winning Home-Gate Game Plan, for some great ideas to take your Super Bowl party to victory!
Who's your pick for the Super Bowl this year?