As Seen In...
My work has appeared in magazines such as Weight Watchers, Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, Saveur, and more! Magazine spreads are a wonderful way to share groups of recipes and tips "Cooking Class Style". Take a peek at some of my pieces below for inspiration and to seriously up your cooking game! Just click on an image to enlarge it.
Super Low-Cal..yet Super Tasty Soups
When Weight Watchers asked me to conceive a series of soup recipes that would count as "Zero Points" I jumped at the chance! I love cooking with veggies and coaxing maximum flavor out of them with exotic spices and by roasting them to caramelize their flavor. This spread features 4 unique and delicious takes on "eat as much as you want" veggie soups that blow the old-school "Cabbage Soup" diet away. I also include tips on how to make your own takes on these, and other soups.
- Roasted Ratatouille Stew
- Indian Spiced Tandoori Cauliflower Soup
- Moroccan Butternut Squash Bisque
- Asian Mushroom Soup
Genius Grilled Cheese & Soup Pairings
Nothing's more comforting on a cold day than a classic Grilled Cheese & Soup combo ! Whether you choose to dunk your sandwich or not you'll love my inspired takes on the old fav. Even better? I developed these recipes for Weight Watchers so they're waaaay lighter but just as delicious as your standards.
- Roasted Tomato Bisque with Pub Cheddar & Pickle
- Slow Cooker Onion Soup with Gruyere & Caramelized Onion Sandwiches
- Butternut Squash Bisque with Mozzarella & Sage Toasts
- Spanish Spiced Roasted Pepper Soup with Serrano & Manchego Panini
- Black Bean Soup with Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Individual Chocolate Desserts
Just about everyone loves a little something sweet after dinner...but if you're watching your weight this can certainly pose a calorie issue! There's no need for deprivation - my perfectly portioned chocolate sweets for Weight Watchers will help satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard. Tip: These are perfect for parties too!
- Malted Milk Shooters
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups w White Chocolate Drizzle
- Individual Chocolate Souffles
- Raspberry Chocolate Petit Fours
- Mini Mint Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Bonus! 5 Low Cal Chocolate Snacks
Want an easy way to up the flavor and tenderness of your BBQ faves? It can be a challenge to achieve juicy results when using lean cuts of meat and fish. Be sure to check out my guide to marinades for Weight Watchers! This piece covers dry rubs, wet marinades, glazes, and more with tips, tricks and five healthy and delicious recipes for:
- Argentinian Style Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- Classic Rosemary Garlic Grilled Chicken
- Tandoori Spiced Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Chili Rubbed BBQ Pork Tenderloin
Lightened Up Salad Dressings? Easy as 1-2-3!
Even before becoming a chef...I was always known for my salads and salad dressings (to the point that a male friend once dressed as me for Halloween sporting a blonde wig and toting a large salad bowl. Not kidding!) One of the tricks to a killer salad is definitely home-made dressings. And they're so much easier than you think!
However, traditional vinaigrettes can be a little caloric. So when Weight Watchers asked me to lighten up 3 classic salad dressings I was excited for the challenge. I think you'll love the results too! In this piece I give basic ratios for a Creamy Dressing, Classic Vinaigrette, and Veggie Based Dressing - plus easy ways to tweak them into and delicious recipes to use them in! Try
- Lemony Creamy Caesar Dressing w Grilled Radicchio Salad
- Red Wine Vinaigrette w a Greek Chopped Salad
- Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette over Grilled Shrimp
Chili 101: 3 Healthy Versions...plus Topping Tips
A big pot of chili is a wonderful solution to a cold winter's day or a hungry group to feed! If you're looking for ways to lighten up and customize your bowl this piece is for you. It includes recipes for three very different styles of chili with load of tips on how to spice 'em up or down...plus a slew of lower calorie topping options:
- Roasted Vegetable & 4-Bean Chili: perfect for vegetarians!
- White Chicken Chili w Salsa Verde: super kid friendly
- Classic Chili Con Carne: a lighter take on the hearty fav
Veggie Crust Pizzas: 4 Fun Riffs to Try
Whether you're trying to eat less carbs, eat more veggies, support a gluten free diet, or just love trying new trends in your cooking...my delicious twists on your take out fav are sure to please!
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Crust Pizza w Feta and Olives
- Butternut Squash Crust Pizza w Asiago & Sage
- Mini Eggplant Parmesan Pizzas
- Veggie Lovers Goat Cheese Pizza w a Zucchini Crust
Sneakily Light Sweets...w a Top Secret Ingredient (shhh!)
One of the best ways to lighten up baked goods is to swap out a high fat or high sugar ingredient. When Weight Watchers asked me to lighten up classic holiday treats I had a blast playing with some pretty untraditional ingredients (think black beans, chick peas, beets, and even saurkraut!) These "secret ingredient" recipes will blow your mind - super moist, rich, and decadent-seeming...NOBODY will guess your secret! PS: I tested these extensively on my two little girls as I developed them...and their picky palates NEVER noticed a thing (except how insanely delicious these are!)
- Candy Cane Brownies
- Double German Chocolate Cupcakes w Coconut-Pecan Frosting
- Luscious Lemony Bundt Cake
- Sweet Potato Quick Bread
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles